Looking for a way to jazz up your gift wrapping this Christmas? Bored of relying on the same store bought gift bags? Then do we have a DIY for you! The clever clogs over at Poppies for Grace have shared with us their top three wrapping styles to take your gifting next level.
STYLE 1: KNOTTED RIBBON
Ribbon in various colours & thickness*
Teeny tiny honeycomb balls*
1. Wrap your gift.
2. Take various lengths of ribbon & knot them together to make a long strand.
3. Tie ribbon around gift.
4. Tie on honeycomb balls or pom poms or both to the knotted ribbon.
5. Thread through a feather.
6. Pop on some glittery stickers & a gift tag.
STYLE 2: CONFETTI WRAP
1. Wrap the gift using the gift wrap.
2. Cut a piece of the cellophane, ensuring it’s large enough to wrap the entire gift.
3. Sprinkle confetti into the middle of the cellophane.
4. Place the gift, top side down into the confetti.
5. Wrap the cellophane around the gift & secure in place with sticky tape.
STYLE 3: STREAMER WRAP
Various colours of crepe paper cut into streamers*
1. Take a small gift & begin wrapping a streamer around it.
2. Take another coloured streamer & continue wrapping.
3. If you have multiple small gifts, you could add in gifts between layers of crepe.
4. Continue wrapping until you are happy with the shape, it resembles a ball after a few layers of crepe.
5. Secure last end of the crepe with sticky tape.
6. Embellish the top of the ball with ribbon or cord if you wish.
* Available from poppiesforgrace.com